Monday, February 20, 2012

The Futurist Cook-Book

Right. I haven't updated links on here for way too long, so here's lots at once. This is a feature for The National about the Italian Futurists, and what happened when they took their notoriously radical art, wit, wisdom and proto-Fascism into the kitchen. I even tried out some of the recipes. And they took pictures of me wearing an apron.
You just can't buy camel meat in my local supermarket - and I don't have the right equipment in my kitchen to pass an electric current through a cube of beef before serving it. I was also dubious about the effects of filling candied citrons with chopped cuttlefish, or stewing meat in a mixture of coffee and eau de cologne.

Thanks to Alix Campbell, of the awesome Vintage Cookbook Trials blog, for the loan of the book.


Anonymous obat kista said...

This is very interesting information, I really like

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home